- Agile Large Project Management
8Manage Agile Large Project was designed based on Agile iterative approach and large project transactional WBS. It can provide you Agile advantages for large projects.
- Agile Advantages
Agile process is proven to produce higher productivity, quality in less time. Agile methodology results in productivity gains by better communication and being responsive to customers’ demands and adapting continuously through the project. Many companies have registered an increase of team productivity by 16% or even more.
- There are fewer surprises. Because the model is incremental and iterative, it can give indications of success and failure early in the project, allowing the Project Management Office (PMO) to take corrective actions to correct problems before they get out of hand.
- At least a part of the working product is always available, so that the project can never end in complete failure.
- The product owners and sponsors know exactly what usable features are available at any point of time, regardless of the outcome of future sprints.
- Project governance has the opportunity of providing constant feedback, mitigating communication gaps and helping in team morale constantly.
- By knowing the work rate of each developer, the development team can help the PMO to predict timelines and budget for releases more accurately.
- In-depth information from daily scrum meetings, burn down charts, task boards and retrospective meetings allows a more accurate forecast for future sprints.
Relevant project metrics
- It is easier to predict overall project performance, timelines and budget from each team’s performance and outputs.
- It is easier to estimate the timelines and budget for successive development projects where requirements are of a similar complexity.
- Daily burn down charts provide relevant insight into day-to-day progress.
Better product quality
- Requirements can be tweaked as business needs change, making for a more adaptable model.
- Continuous integration processes and daily sanity testing helps in resolving issues before they cause a snowball effect.
- Incorporation of automated testing improves quality further as it allows the delivery team to increase the scope and thoroughness of with currently-available resources.
- Sprint retrospectives help in improving the progress and quality of day-to-day activities.
- Higher customer satisfaction.
Customers are engaged throughout the project lifecycle
- Effective communication is an important factor in Agile success. In non-Agile approaches, project manager is the source of information for project sponsors and stakeholders. In Agile, this silo is broken. All the project metrics and project data are available on click of a button for everyone to view, resulting in higher transparency and satisfaction.
- Product owner is able to ‘keep tabs’ on requirements and can fine-tune the resources required to meet them.
- Every Sprint review gives chance to customers to see working functionality.
- The project stakeholders, the developers, the product owner and scrum master all can monitor progress throughout the project to learn and improve, thereby, creating better products.
- Agile With Large Projects
Agile Methodology fits better with human’s memory constraints than the methodologies invented before Agile Methodology was invented. But Agile Methodology also has the near-term focus disadvantage and makes it inadequate to be used in large projects that have strong time-and-cost commitments or constraints. 8Manage Agile Large Project will do the following to help you to obtain Agile advantages in large projects.
The plan of your large project is your ultimate goal and you can’t lose sight of your ultimate goal even that you use an iterative method to achieve your sub-goals. 8Manage Agile Large Project will help you to baseline your large project plan and measure the % of complete of your large project when each of your smaller Agile projects is complete.
You can think of your large project (ultimate goal) is a collection of smaller Agile projects (sub-goals). Measuring the % of complete of your ultimate goal when each of your sub-goals is done is an effective way to keep your ultimate goal and your sub-goals aligned.
- Core Functionality
Using 8Manage Agile Large Project, you can have the best of the both the Agile world and the large project world. The following is the list of core functionality provided by 8Manage Agile Large Projects:
- Supporting both traditional large projects and Agile projects.
- Real-time transaction-oriented with single-copy-of-the truth (current plan & status).
- Automatic and accurate calculation of % of complete of the ultimate goal.